Our mission is to cultivate and disseminate a local appreciation of the music of J.S. Bach, his family and contemporaries, as well as sacred/classical music in general by arranging performances, lectures and other activities.
- Develop appealing concert programs for our patrons with musicians from Australia and abroad
- Support talented young musicians in various ways
- Facilitate the musical relationship between Melbourne and Leipzig and exchange programs
- Explore suitable options, programs and partnerships concerning ‘Bach for kids’
- Work with academics on related issues
- Hold public lectures and seminars on related issues
- Facilitate international Bach networking
Statement of purposes
The purposes of the Society are:
- to promote the appreciation and the performance of the works of J.S. Bach
- to increase the appreciation and knowledge of J.S. Bach and his music
- to promote other classical composers, particularly contemporaries of J.S. Bach, and composers of organ and sacred music
- to encourage young musicians and young people with an interest in classical music by, without limitation, arranging performance opportunities, assisting in musical education, and providing tickets to events and scholarships
- to arrange performances, concerts, lectures, or other activities to promote an interest and appreciation in J.S. Bach, other classical composers and organ and sacred music in Australia.
The Australian Bach Society Inc. was incorporated in Victoria as a Not-for-profit organisation on 13 October 2011, Reg. No. A0056814L, ABN 51 744 708 578.