Toorak Uniting Church had its origins in the Toorak Presbyterian Church, established in 1875. Toorak Uniting Church, as 'a household of faith', is committed to the wider ecumenical purposes of the UCA. It works closely in fellowship with the local Toorak Anglican and Roman Catholic Churches. The Toorak Ecumenical Movement, inaugurated in 1980, by Saint John's, Saint Peter's and Toorak Uniting Church, committed to worship, witness and serve together and that commitment has remained ever since.
The present pipe organ was built by the English organ builder Peter Collins in 1979. After having served TUC well for more than 30 years, the instrument needed a major overhaul funded by the Elspeth White Bequest and completed in mid-2013. In June 2013 TUC proudly presented the ‘new’ organ at a special ‘Organ Reingauration Concert’.
Jennifer Chou, Director of Music since 2012, has embarked on developing music programs of different types and styles to this historic church and its splendid acoustics. (Images: © Jonathan Lancaster and © TUC)
Toorak Uniting Church
603 Toorak Road
Toorak VIC 3142
Phone: 03 0829 0300