We are excited to announce the Australian Bach Society program for 2017. There is a line-up of accomplished local and international performers delighting us with works by J.S. Bach and many other composers:
- During the month of March 2017, in a world premiere, Dr Mark Smith rediscovers the St. Matthew Passion: J.S. Bach ‘Funeral Music for Prince Leopold of Anhalt/Koethen’ BWV 244a.
- In April, Pavel Kohout from Prague, delights us with an organ recital themed 'Bach and The New World'
- Professor Friedemann and Alexia Eichhorn from the Franz-Liszt Conservatorium in Weimar/Germany take us to the 'future' with a violin concert which also features Din Din Wang, Winner of the 2016 Bach Competition – ABS Encouragement Award.
- In June ABS will again this year sponsor the ABS Encouragement Award 2017 as part of the Bach Competition, Melbourne Recital Centre.
- Around July/August, we are going 'East' with piano recitals by Dr. Roman Salyutov from St Petersburg and Cologne
- In September, Telemann meets Piazzola, Granados and Hebrew when Ester Schöpf (violin) and Norbert Groh (piano) take us on a musical journey. The same month, Bach continues the journey to Brazil when Friedemann Wuttke performs on the guitar. The September program is rounded off with J.S. Bach ‘Orgelmesse’ – Third Part of the Clavier Uebung (Organ Mass) expanded by chorale hymns, arranged by Jennifer Chou from the Toorak Uniting Church.
- In October, as part of the 500 Years Reformation celebrations in 2017, Roland Voit from Hagen, Germany will play the organ at the Toorak Uniting Church.
- In December, ABS is proud to again present the J.S. Bach ‘Weihnachts-Oratorium’ (Christmas Oratorio) which has become a regular feature of the ABS program.